Thursday, July 30, 2009

sarah is not here.

last friday i finally got my hands on a functioning korean cell phone, as my co-worker MK was leaving the country and hooked me up with hers. i collected said phone at about 3:00am in the morning, in the middle of a downpour. MK and many other people were still going strong, getting their party on, but mama likes neither being wet nor being awake past midnight. because i am your grandmother.

about 4am i got a call on the phone, from one of the girls, let's call her sarah, whom we were out with. she doesn't yet have a phone of her own, and she borrowed a phone from some korean man to call MK. suffice it to say, there wasn't a whole lot i could do for sarah from the comfort of my jim-jams. even assuming i was naturally a helpful person. which i am not.

the next day on the KTX to daegu (tales of daegu adventures to follow) my phone rang. it was the man whose phone sarah had borrowed the night before, looking for sarah. apparently sarah had promised to call him, and she hadn't. leaving aside that no one you ever promise to call at 3am ever gets a phone call, sarah borrowed the phone at 4 am and it was not yet 2 pm. dude hadn't even given her 12 hours before dropping the crazy bomb. i told him i wasn't sarah, didn't know sarah's number, was probably never going to see sarah again, and hung up. because you shouldn't talk loudly on the KTX. it's rude.

homeboy called back three more times, demanding to be put in touch with sarah. the last time he called i told him not to call ever ever ever again, and used my new phone's handy spam function to block his calls.

later, that very same night: dude calls from ANOTHER number, as number A is blocked. after i explain that i am not only not with sarah currently, but in a whole nother city, the following conversation takes place:

dude: where is sarah?
me: i. do not. know. sarah is not my friend. i do not know how you can talk to her again. stop calling me.
dude: are you with sarah? how can i speak to her?
me: i. don't. know. you must stop calling me.
dude: you are not sarah?
me: NO.
dude: may i have your name?
me: if you call me again i am calling the police.

second number: blocked!

2 comments:

  1. wow... he must be desperately "in love" with sarah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet. has he tried from a third number yet?

    ReplyDelete