Monday, May 4, 2009

quitting my job (OR...i am a judgemental bitch)








last week i gave my notice at the daycare where i've been working these past few months. no one at the daycare knows i've spent the last seven years living overseas teaching english. i'm not sure what, exactly, they think about my life. because basically i am a 31 year-old who lives with her parents and likes walking everywhere. to me, this is easier than explaining about taiwan and south korea. and that's not even the judgementally bitchy part. just you wait.

when i gave my notice, someone asked if i was moving to new orleans to be with the boy i'm kinda, sorta dating. and, because it seemed easier, i said, "yes. i sure am!"

okay, tristan, you're thinking, that just makes you a liar. and sad. maybe i need a hobbie, or to get out more. touche, blog readers. well played.

no, my reason for this falsehood is my belief that the people i work with are equally likely to be able to locate new orleans and south korea on a map. meaning: not likely at all.





2 comments:

  1. Well if it's a real big map . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So like if you turn left under that bridge do you wind through an alleyway to the Turf Tavern?

    ReplyDelete