Sunday, May 3, 2009

blogging

it had been suggested to me by a friend of mine that i start a blog. i used to have a blog, and then i quit. because i am lazy. very, very lazy. my HBO-inspired fantasy of becoming a recon marine would fail. and boldly.

since nothing overly interesting has happened to me in a while, i thought i might start this blog with an ancedote from my storied past. i like to call it: the time i thought sangria didn't make me hung over. years ago, in college, i went to a day of the dead party. (as jackie o, complete with pillbox hat. i looked fab-u-lous.) there was sangria at this party, and i drank about an entire punch bowl of it all on my lonesome. the next morning i woke up with nary a trace of a hangover, much to my delight. "i feel awesome," i thought to myself. "i feel so awesome, and not at all hungover, that i am going for a jog!" i laced up my trainers, stretched, bounded down the stairs, and jogged myself directly into a tree. full-on, face-to-bark contact. because i was still drunk.

three hours later i got hungover. and then i was sad.

2 comments:

  1. i cannot believe you have a blog. i hope you keep it up. bring a computer to korea!

    ~william

    ReplyDelete
  2. One. of. The. Best. Parties. Evah! Esp. when Jesus with Cross showed up . . .

    ReplyDelete