Sunday, June 14, 2009

being on a motorcycle fills your brain with joy

this was the conclusion i reached today, taking a ride on the back of my dad's bike, as we motored around outside starkville with his motley band of fellow bikers: the scooter trash. i'm leaving a week from tomorrow, and last night dad announced the scooter trash were rallying in my honor for one last ride. and then cokes at mcdonald's. it's how we roll. they even said i could have my own shirt. Trashette.



the fact that this was my last bike ride until....next sunday, when i guilt my dad into going again, just opens the "leaving the country" can of worms in my brain. when folk ask if i'm nervous about moving to south korea, seeing as how it is north korea-adjacent, i usually give them a very blythe, chipper answer. like, "when the north invades, i will distract them from harming me with granola bars, and my 87 television channels, all of which turn off." and this, really, isn't a bad plan. i have more food than i can eat! you can have some! check out tyra banks! bitch crazy!

as long as i don't get blown up first. which would f-ing suck.

1 comment:

  1. Great name for his crew. I had a bowling team in grad school. We bowled in the Men's Auto League in Mountain View CA so 5 Stanford PHD wannabes and a bunch of auto mechanics from places like Fremont (cf River's Edge) San Jose, and Gilroy. Of course we kicked their lava-coated hands and ass. Our team name: The Guttersnipes. Still have my Guttersnipe world Tour T-short. Tour dates on back are all famous Bay Area towns with bowling alleys: Dublin, Pinole Hayward et cetera

    Hey since you're leaving let me buy you a drink before you go. Email me at bulb1964@hotmail .com to arrange. That is if you're free sometime. Your call on the local gin joint.

    ReplyDelete